True film geeks will be able to spot the 27 movie references in the image below. How many can you spot? Answers are after the jump below the picture.
Here are the answers:
- JUMANJI – Easily spotted since the board game is front and centre and features the name of the 1995 film starring Robin Williams.
- FORREST GUMP – Instantly recognizable, Tom Hanks sitting on the bench is iconic from this 1994 classic.
- TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY – Forrest Gump’s right eye comes from the Terminator, the famous cyborg played by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 1991 movie sequel.
- GREMLINS – Peeking out from the lower left corner is Gizmo, from the 1984 film, Gremlins.
- EDWARD SCISSORHANDS – Lurking in the background is Edward Scissorhands, played by Johnny Depp, in the 1990 movie by Tim Burton.
- E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL – Just over Edward Scissorhands’ right shoulder is a silhouette of the iconic bike scene from Steven Spielberg’s 1982 classic, E.T.
- GHOSTBUSTERS – To the right of Forrest is Slimer, from the 1984 film, Ghostbusters.
- BACK TO THE FUTURE – Just poking out from the bottom left of the picture is the tip of Marty McFly’s hoverboard from 1985’s Back to the Future.
- SPACE JAM – Look to Forret’s left elbow and you’ll see a sticker on the bench. It’s the Tune Squad logo from the 1996 movie Space Jam.
- HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS – They’re small in the lower right corner of the picture; but that’s definitely the kids who got shrunk in Honey, I Shrunk The Kids from 1989.
- WAYNE’S WORLD – Another sticker on the bench: “No Stairway to Heaven” is from 1992’s cult film Wayne’s World.
- JURASSIC PARK – The Barbasol shaving cream can – used by Dennis Nedry to smuggle out dinosaur embryos in 1993’s Jurassic Park – is just visible at the bottom right.
- HOOK – On the right side of the picture is Captain Hook’s familiar hook hand from the 1991 Stephen Spielberg movie.
- HARRY AND THE HENDERSONS – Did you spot Bigfoot? Look at Forrest’s right ear and you’ll see Harry the Sasquatch from 1987’s Harry and the Hendersons.
- SHORT CIRCUIT – On the right hand side of the picture, you’ll see Johnny 5, from the 1986 sci-fi classic.
- TITANIC – This is a little more challenging, but the heart-shaped necklace around Edward Scissorhands is from the 1997 epic hit, Titanic.
- BIG LEWBOWSKI – Poking out of Forrest’s breast pocket is a Ralphs value club card, seen in The Big Lebowski.
- THE GOONIES – Also in Forrest’s pocket are the Copper Bones medallion from 1985’s The Goonies.
- PULP FICTION – Look at Forrest’s left ear and you’ll see hitmen Vincent and Jules from Quentin Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction.
- RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK – You might recognize the top of the Golden Idol from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark next to Gizmo in the bottom left.
- HOME ALONE – Just above Hook’s hook, you’ll see a reference to The Wet Bandits carved or written on the bench. They’re the burglars 1990’s family film Home Alone.
- DUMB AND DUMBER – In the upper right corner are Harry and Lloyd on a motorbike, 1994’s Dumb and Dumber.
- MARS ATTACKS! – Poking out from the upper right corner is the head of a Martian from Tim Burton’s 1996 film Mars Attacks!
- LAST ACTION HERO – Look very closely and you’ll see – on the bench, just off Forrest’s right elbow – the “Admit One” token from the 1993 movie Last Action Hero.
- BATMAN – Can you see the “Wayne Enterprises” logo on the corner of the chocolate box, on Forest’s lap? This version looks like it’s from Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy.
- THE NEVERENDING STORY – Around Forrest’s neck is the AURYN, the snake necklace from 1984’s fantasy film The Neverending Story.
- PREDATOR – On the left side of the picture, the red writing on the middle plank of the bench’s backrest is language of the Predator, from the 1987 action film.
Were you able to identify all 27 films without referring to the answers? Let us know in the comments below.